One week from tomorrow, the largest ever global climate action in history will happen: THE PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCH. While the core action is at the U.N. Summit in NYC, we are organizing a tremendous march here in San Diego, one of >1,500 globally. We hope you will join us, and that you can help us get the word out this weekend/week – the more people we turn out, the bigger our impact will be!
That’s why we’re asking YOU and everyone reading this to commit a few hours of volunteering to helping to promote the People’s Climate March.
First, Have you signed up?
Second, Can you help make this event HUGE?
- Tell everyone you know. Sample email, social media posts, etc. HERE
- Make a donation to support the march. Any amount helps. DONATE HERE
- Help us make phone calls.
- Hand out Flyers. Download flyers and posters to print HERE or pick up at our monthly meeting Tuesday. Lots of places to flyer Sunday. Email email@example.com for ideas.
- Volunteer for jobs at the march: many available, including sign-in, marshalls, holding banners, and lots more. firstname.lastname@example.org / 619-335-1265
Third, What to expect? (more info at: www.peoplesclimatesd.org)
WHEN: Sunday, Sept 21, beginning 12:30 pm, ending around 3:30 pm.
WHERE: Start at San Diego City Hall and end at County Waterfront Park.
WHAT: March and rally with large, colorful signs, banners, costumed characters.
Great music with Steph Johnson, Greg Gross & other local artists.
Speakers: Todd Gloria, David Alvarez, Monique Lopez, Richard Barrera.
Over 50 environmental, health, labor and civic organizations have endorsed.
HOW: Come by Coaster, trolley, bike (4 organized rides!), walking, or carpooling.
We can’t wait to see you on September 21st for the People’s Climate March!
The SanDiego350 team