PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS AN ARCHIVED PAGE FROM 2014
The People’s Climate March San Diego consists of a march followed a rally. You are welcome to participate in either if you can’t attend both. There will also be special bike rides and a “designated coaster” to the march. Throughout the day we’ll also have music, activities, chants, and more. Check back as we’re filling in details daily. All times are approximate. And don’t forget to RSVP!
- 12:30 Gather at City Hall / Civic Center – live music, signs, chants
- 1:00 March welcome and kick off! Todd Gloria, President of the San Diego City Council, will talk about the importance of a strong Climate Action Plan for the City
- 1:30 At America Plaza Monique Lopez, Policy Advocate, Environmental Health Coalition, will talk about transportation choices and policies including transit, biking, carpooling and more
- 2:00 March arrives at the County Administration Park – more live music
- 2:15 Rally begins! Speakers include: Richard Barrera, Secretary-Treasurer of the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council, AFL-CIO and Board Member, San Diego Unified School District, City Council member David Alvarez, high school student Gloriana Xia, and Kevin Beiser, President, San Diego Unified School District. Several fun activities that will get the whole audience moving are also part of the mix!
- 3:30 Rally wraps up, more music